Only a few minutes from the Delaware River, canal and towpath in Tinicum Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania you will come upon historic Four Brooks. Built in 1800, this classic stone bank barn has undergone a dramatic transformation. Utilized at the hub of an overnight summer camp and retreat from early 60's to mid 90's where boys and girls found spiritual growth while discovering the natural beauty of this scenic area. You can almost hear the faint sound of children's laughter as you come upon this site. Upon closing, the 130 acre camp was subdivided into large Country Estate lots, leaving this gorgeous stone barn and numerous outbuildings on 8 tranquil acres. It was purchased in 1998 by a visionary couple that launched a decade long labor of love renovation that preserved the architectural integrity with great respect for its time honored construction methods. Its massive beams, threshing floors, climbing ladders, weathered siding, etc., were repurposed with the objective of creating an incredible home with a sense of drama and charm. The result was a very special home and a truly extraordinary Bucks County Retreat. This handsome barn was converted to dramatic living space which includes 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, wonderful country kitchen, timber framed living room with stone fireplace and almost 3700 SF of exciting living space. There is an additional 1000+ SF (former girls dormitory) of adjacent space for future expansion. The adjacent cottage offers a floor plan with 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, deck and separate parking area. There are a total of 3 other structures on the property: 3 stall horse barn, 1000 sf building that was formerly the boys dormitory and a wonderful 1400 sf Auditorium with handsome stone fireplace. Several antique and whimsical playground pieces still sit waiting for the next child or grandchild to climb on board. The grounds are fabulous with a perfect blend of rolling meadows, woodland, streams, waterfalls and walking trails. Adirondack chairs are strategically positioned throughout the site, each a place of quiet enjoyment and contemplation. Four Brooks would make an incredible Bed and Breakfast or a themed B&B. The numerous outbuildings would lend themselves perfectly for a multitude of uses. Artists, Writers, Corporate Retreat are among a list of possible uses. Hundreds and Hundreds of Artists, writers, playwrights have found Bucks County to be the source of their inspiration and creativity. A place to soothe their souls, recharge and tap into their creative juices. Come discover the laid back yet sophisticated lifestyle offered by Four Brooks in a place of incredible tranquil beauty Tinicum Township Bucks County, Pennsylvania. 80 Minutes from Manhattan, One Hour to Philadelphia and within an hour of three International Airports.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached
2 Full/1 Half
Electric Water Heater, LP Gas Water Heater, Well
3,600 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Above Ground, Telephone
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Living Room
- Dining Area
- Country Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower, Whirlpool Bath
- Microwave, Range/Oven Built-in, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Electric Range/Cooktop
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile
- Central Air, A/C - Zone, Ceiling Fan(s), Geo-Thermal
- Geothermal, Forced Air, Central.
- Walkout, Workshop, Unfinished Basement, Space For Rooms, Poured, Partially Finished, Entrance Outside, Full
- 1. Wood-burning, Heatilator.
- Additional Interior Features
- Built-Ins, Combination Living/dining Room, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, Beamed, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Vaulted
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Driveway, Stone Driveway.
- Stone, Frame
- Porch, Wrap-around Porch, Patio
- Composition, Shingle, Composition Shingle
- Lot View
- Panoramic, Scenic, Valley, Trees/Woods, Pasture
- Lot Dimensions
- 1300 x irr
- Sloped, Irregular
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Out Building, Playground, Waterfall, Front Yard, Back Yard, Side Yard, Trees. Backs To Trees, Cleared, Front Yard, Interior, Irregular, Open, Partly Wooded, Rear Yard, Rural, Secluded, Sideyard(S), Sloping, Stream/Creek, Trees/Wooded.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price